Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Great Stats on Homeschooling!

Here is an updated study on how homeschooler fair on standardized test compared to or with public school: http://www.hslda.org/docs/news/200908100.asp . I personally do not take much stock in these test as I could test well even on subject matter I do not know. I just do well on test.

I have seen children who know information and can not take a test. However, I know many family members of homeschoolers would benefit from seeing these stats.
The garden is doing well. I have planted some of my fall items. I have started broccoli and cauliflower in containers to transplant. We are waiting on cantaloupe to ripen. I have a watermelon that will be ready on October 1st. I was told it will take 8 weeks for them to ripen-we picked the last on too early. I have bell pepper and cayenne peppers ripening. Eggplants are producing. Waiting on lots of tomatoes to ripen. I have frozen lots of green beans.
I made peach perserves. Almost all the canned peaches are gone. :( In order to can enough to get through to next season I would have to can about 150 jars. I have tried freezing some as well they are almost the same amount of work and I have a freezer full so I could not freeze the peaches unless I want to devote a freezer to peaches. Here is a picture before they were eaten.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love to receive comments. They mean so much!

Followers

Search This Blog