Monday, November 28, 2011

Love is in the Air




The above cards are for the Operation Write Home Sunday Sketch Challenge.  These will also be sent for the Archway Love/Valentines where Archway matches the donations of cards with cookies for the troops.
The purple card is a digistamp rose colored with Copics.  The heart stamp and stamped sentiment is from American Crafts.  The card stock is Bazzill and the purple dp is from my stash.  The purple fiber is also from my stash.  Funny I colored 9 of these roses to make love cards. I only did one in purple incase I could not make it work for a card.  It turned out to be one of my favorites.

The little girl in the next card is from Simply Inger she is colored with copics.  I have had fun this last week with the copics.  I was not sure I would like coloring with markers as I have loved the watercolor pencils and I usually do not do well with markers.  The watercolor blending covers how bad I am.  But I have been happy with most of my images.  I used the same papers and stamps as above.  The white square is embossed with hearts that my mom made for me.  The yellow is cardstock that been scalloped punched with Martha Stewart scallop border punch with a pink ribbon.


This card will go to OWH as well.  I just fell in love with this card.  It just strikes at my heart. I usually don't have that happen with my own art work.  I loved how she worked out on the pink gingham.  This was in my stash from years ago.  I had gotten dischanted with scrapbooking after my scrapbook area got flooded from a water leak and damaged all the albums I had made.  I am glad I keep what I salvaged and found cardmaking a few months ago to be something I enjoy.  I may even start scrapbooking again.

8 comments:

  1. Such cute cards and the little girl image is so sweet! Very nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these cards are stunning. Your coloring is terrific. Hope to see more of it in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards...Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly,your cards are so beautiful! After only a week your coloring with Copics is fabulous! Keep creating and I am with Donna H; I want to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute! i like the way you added texture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are really cute. Love the first card! I have that stamp set and I was wondering how to use the heart. It looks beautiful on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my goodness! I love that purple fiber! Awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great mix of elements for this sketch! Love that heart stamp on that first card. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I really love to receive comments. They mean so much!

Followers

Search This Blog