Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Inspiration




Okay I should be working. I was talking to my mom and I looked to see what the Midweek challenge was at Stars & Stamp blog. The challenge was to let the picture of the beautiful shirt inspire you. I can't wait to see what my mom comes up with.

I instantly thought of this paper I had seen in my box over the last weekend. The paper is the teal and orangey gold. I printed the digital stamp I got from my grafico onto the paper called perched birds. I liked the effect it has and I didn't make an inky mess. The sentiment is one I really like right now printed and inked in teal. I made a mess with that instead.

The orange cardstock paper is textured. The sentiment is popped with foam tape. I accidentally put the sentiment on the back side of the paper. I would have left it but the back is flat and darker than the front. It bothered me. The border is punched with a Martha Stewart border punch. The bling is red and lavender. I do not trust the adhesive it comes with so I glued them on. The red ribbon was used as it looked like it needed "something" to give it more depth. In my first thinking it was going to have more "layers". I just worry about it getting too bulky to fit the envelope and also be damaged.

For a quick and simple card I am happy with how it turned out.

4 comments:

  1. Holly...I love your card! Very nice job! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly,I love your card! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, how fun to see how Jenny's top inspired your card :) Thanks for playing in our challenge at Operation Write Home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly, your card is awesome! I think those birds printed onto the paper came out excellently. I also like the orange border too, it really makes your card pop.

    ReplyDelete

I really love to receive comments. They mean so much!

Followers

Search This Blog