Monday, May 18, 2009

After the rain!

We have had rain and storms off and on since last Thursday today is Monday. I am so glad I read the Farmers Almanac before buying seed. I would have bought drought resistant. I had to dump out my container plants several times over the weekend they were full of water and drowning my plants especially the strawberries. My son was playing out in the rain with a neighbor and they had puddles in the yard up to their knees.


The spinach was pelted to the ground breaking the stems. Very sad looking. The raspberries are blooming.




The wax beans in the back are growing well.
The other picture is the cloeme someone gave me. Hubby says it looks like something illegal.
The tomato plants in the back are growing well about 4 inches taller than the ones in front wonder if they will be more or less fruitful than the ones in front. We are writing our observations and guesses down for science. More Strawberries!


The eggplant in back is growing well. It was covered in splashed up dirt. The beans in front are growing well these were planted from seed May 1, 2009. I planted marigolds by the tomatoes from starters given to me they are growing faster the the tomatoes.










The root bed needs to be thinned. I am leaving that up to hubby. The picture of the front was to compare to earlier pictures to see how well growing. The plants are turning yellow I think it is too much rain we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love to receive comments. They mean so much!

Followers

Search This Blog