Sunday, July 5, 2009

Dinner from the Garden

We had green beans and wax beans from the garden for dinner. I made a mint vinaigrette for the beans which was good. We ate some with the vinaigrette and some without. We should have had eggplant Parmesan but since we spent the day slicing and frying we did not want to eat it. Dan did the frying. I did the slicing with an electric slicer. We sliced but 4 of the eggplants which Dan wants to grill. So we have 9 dinners in the freezer and one in the refrigerator. Not bad for 10.00 spent on a case of 28 eggplants of which a few were given away.

Checked the garden today. I will have more beans to pick tomorrow. One of the tomatoes is starting to turn. I read that I can cut off part of the tomato plants to start new plants for fall tomatoes we are going to try that next weekend. I have a tiny eggplant where we can see the purple. The watermelon doubled in size overnight.

We had rain this morning. I do need to fertilize.

My son saved some fireworks for tonight so we are going to shoot them off. Have a great day or evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love to receive comments. They mean so much!

Followers

Search This Blog