Monday, March 29, 2010

Sprouting!!!

I am so excited the outdoor peas, lettuce and spinach is sprouting. The broccoli is still producing. One cauliflower bolted but another head is forming on one of the three plants. The garlic could be used now as green garlic. The strawberries are budding with fruit.

Indoors in addition to the lettuce, cabbage, celery and tomatoes that had already sprouted the eggplant and green peppers are starting to sprout. The biggest dilemma now is where I will put the plants in the garden. I only have 160 squares in the garden. Funny the book says one 4x4 will feed one I have 10 4x4. However we are wanting to get enough to can. Dream big!!

I am going to try some of the tomatoes in 5 gallon buckets. Not the upside down just the buckets mainly because I have them and I will have so many plants. I will be looking for more 5 gallon buckets. Also as a reminder to my self I may use the area where the boxes from the back were removed (not enough sun) for extra squash plants as they may get enough sun and need 3 square feet.

Today my plan is to get school done and some gluten free baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love to receive comments. They mean so much!

Followers

Search This Blog