Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Today is a new day!

Going to try living each day like a new day. Each day God is giving a fresh start. A day to grow closer to him and change the things in my character I need to change.


The garden reminds me of that. Plants that looked dead yesterday are fresh looking and sprouting. Reminds me not to give up so easily on those mountains in my life. I am trying to find the joy in the changes of my life.

We will be spending the summer doing school. Instead of looking of this as a chore maybe we can really enjoy it. The mid afternoon is so hot it would be miserable to move and that time we can use to our advantage. If there is an activity maybe we can use the early morning to accomplish that.

The garden surprised me again this morning. The plants are growing overnight. There are more beans to be picked. The last set of green beans I planted produced beans I have not noticed and need to be picked. I had to fix a trellis and when I lifted a leaf I found a melon about the size of my two fist together. I have about 3 more cucumbers to pick that makes about 14 so far. The grapes are growing. The watermelon vines are everywhere I am trying to decide if I need to try trellis for them if just to save them from being trampled.

It is amazing to see the cycle of life in the garden. I am amazed at God's creation all over again. I love to be able to see some of the science lessons in reality.

Here is to a day to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love to receive comments. They mean so much!

Followers

Search This Blog