Wednesday, February 8, 2012

VCMP 1 & 2

Operation Write Home's Star and Stamps blog is having a Virtual Card Making Party. There are two challenges each night. "First up tonight we have a color challenge: HOT TROPICS - USE HOT PINK, GREEN & YELLOW. Any theme or sentiment is fine."-from Stars and Stamp blog.

I used this stamp from Beccy's Place. I have been waiting to use this stamp with the charms on the first card. I love how they match. The charms are from Oriental Trading. The cardstock is Bazill. The stamp is colored with copics. The patterned paper is from Mind's Eye Totally Girl. The aqua ribbon contracts the pink well. I always hestitate to use hot pink but I like the effect and it matched the copic dark pink which I used to ink all the edges. There is glossy accent on the center of the flower and the smaller buds which adds a nice touch.

The second card's dp is an unknown. I love the yellow and orange. The bling is g studio. I guess I was inspired by the CAS hop as my cards are not as fussy.
From the Stars and Stamp blog Challenge 2 was "For this challenge — MASCULINE NAUTICAL — dig out any and all maritime, water, beach, boating and sailing themed stuff you have and give it a go."
The card stock is Bazzill. The image is one I have had for a while. The design paper is blue and was in some given to me. The sentiment is from Word. The image was colored with Copics.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Great work on the first two VCMP challenges. YOu really did a fantastic job coloring the Hibiscus and I like both colors so much I can't pick a favorite. The matching charms are fabulous! Thanks for coming to the party :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, More great cards. Love those Beccy's place images. You did her proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly, Great cards and I love how you colored the hibiscus. They really met the challenge! The charms are such a nice touch. the nautical card is beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards and terrific coloring and design of each.

    ReplyDelete

I really love to receive comments. They mean so much!

Followers

Search This Blog