Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sketch 107

So happy to be able to be able to spend time crafting cards. I have not had much chance since the holidays. Then year end for business. Teaching a class for homeschoolers in watercolors on Friday. My son and I are bowling on a homeschool league on Thursdays. Getting back on track for homeschool is priority one. Crafting time priority two. Alright work is number two at least for now til the taxes are filed.

This paper was one I found last night in my stash. I think it works perfect for this sketch as Mother is in the perfect place. I played around with inking flowers. I now have spots of blue on everything. We will call it artistic expression for now. The cardstock is Bazill. The inks are Tim Holtz blue jean. The fiber is the fiber I use on everything. I still have lots :) The bling is studio g. Very simple and fell into place.

I am going to try to do the challenge for half Mother's day half other. I guess I will have to get busy on Mother's day cards. I have 20 cards I have colored, cut, and inked ready to tape up that are not Mother's day, that I worked on the last few days here and there.

When I finally get to craft I try to make it count.

23 comments:

  1. Real nice card. Love the soft tones of color with the pop of bold color on the flower. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the colors - thanks for supporting OWH

    BArb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful card for a special MOM!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card! The tulip paper and the mother paper worked out beautifully! The flower turned out great too. A hero's mom is going to love this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get rolling on those cards! JK!!! Anyway...love the papers and that sweet flower. TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying:) If I could convince my son he didn't have to eat or go anywhere I could get so much more done.

      Delete
  6. Great mom card, love your flower scene, colors are soft and sweet. Very nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your cards are always so lovely. Your use of bold flowers gave the inspiration to try it.

      Delete
  7. This came out just beautiful! I like the fiber a lot. A great way to add some texture without adding depth. Hope you get a chance to craft more as things settle down for you. I find it relaxing and therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Have fun with the fiber. It is my favorite right now. :)

      Delete
  8. Wonderful job on this card -- you made this one count. Any Mom would love to receive this card. I like your choice of fiber -- I forgot I have some of that -- I'll have to remember to get it out and use it on some card. Thanks for the great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, I love those colors and that little flower embellishment. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the extra little pop the fibers give your card. I always wonder how I would use it if I bought some.

    ReplyDelete

I really love to receive comments. They mean so much!

Followers

Search This Blog