Friday, February 10, 2012

Vintage


This is my entry for the Operation Write Home Virtual Card Making Party Challenge 10. The theme is Vintage. I was excited when I saw the challenge. I love vintage.

The cardstock is Bazzill. The pink dp is Colorbok Rosewood Collection. The image is cut from Tim Holtz Seasonal. The buttons are from Oriental Trading. The ribbon is some I had. I layered a beige ribbon with one in burgundy. The MOM looks like Scrabble Tiles from Oriental Trading. The gems are g studio.

I got the idea to use the paper like this from http://nutsandcats.blogspot.com/2012/02/last-of-my-mothers-day-cards.html . She posted on the OWH virtual card making party.

I decided to stay up late and get this card made since I couldn't sleep.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

  1. I didn't read what you posted until after I made my vintage card. Then I got a good chuckle out of it as I sort of used your card as an inspiration. Then I saw you used my card for your inspiration. I guess we both like this one. I patterned mine after S&S sketch 19.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, I love how you used the Tim Holtz paper. This is lovely and I really like the tiles~very vintage! I read Margarets'post and that is so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, the picture is so soft. You could post this for the ODBC with that ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful vintage card - some Mom will be very happy to get this

    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly, Wonderful vintage card. I really have to work to get the vintage feel, but you seem to produce it beautifully. Totally nice card. Glad you received your goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, vintage card. Love the ribbon and the tiles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, Holly! Love everything about it, especially your colors, the seed packet image and the Scrabble tile "Mom"! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty floral image and totally vintage looking. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty DSP and I love those Scrabbley (OK I made that one up :D) tiles. Great vintage feel!

    ReplyDelete

I really love to receive comments. They mean so much!

Followers

Search This Blog