Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Cup of Tea



Decided to try to do some of the card challenges that are out there. It seemed to turn into a series of missteps. The first mailbox I did with watercolor pictures came out perfect. I then was cutting out the image next to it so I would not mess it up and cut right into the colored image.
Then when coloring the teacup I put the side of my hand right down on the color image and then dropped the paintbrush right across the image.

The first image is a stamp from Meljen's Designs colored with Kimberly's watercolor pencils and entered for their red and gold challenge. I used cardstock in red and gold. The DP is from gcd and is red and gold. I used a fiskars punch for the corners. I went a little crazy with the red gems. It just did not look right with a red ribbon.

The next card is an image from Lindsay Stamp Stuff that I used my win from another Tuesday Throwdown to purchase from MyGrafico. I am entering it is this weeks Tuesday Throwdown #72. I really like this image. It is hard for me to use all primary colors for some reason. I tend to go with one primary or color and then add designs. The flowers were punched with Martha Stewart's punch. The coloring was Kimberly's watercolor pencils. I tried to use mostly red, blue and yellow.


Both of these cards will be sent to Operation Write Home. The K n K design team is still doing a fundraiser for them offering some cute stamps for a great price that be donated to Operation Write Home. Just click the cute button with the rabbit.

6 comments:

  1. I guess my comment didn't get posted. Love both cards, Holly! I'm glad to see that you support OWH and thanks for spreading the word. I think your mailbox card is especially perfect for the Primary Colors challenge at Tuesday Throwdown. Happy to see you playing again this week.
    NanaConnie TT DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! Love the sentiment with the teacup! Great use of our Red and Gold color challenge!
    Thanks so much for playing along at Meljen's Designs this week!
    Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are adorable! Thank you for joining our RED and GOLD challenge at Meljen’s Designs.

    ~Cheryl~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable cards! Thank you for joining us at Meljen's Designs!  Hope to see you again soon!

    ~ Di, Meljen's Senior DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two very stunning creations!! I really love the second card with the bright primary colors! :) Thanks so much for joining with us at the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge this week!! Smiles, *Vicki* - Oct GDT

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both wonderful cards, Holly. Sorry you had a tough time crafting them, but they came out beautiful! I especially like your birdie card -- that scene just warms my heart. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Tuesday Throwdown, and thanks again for sharing about the OWH fundraiser -- we appreciate all your help! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I really love to receive comments. They mean so much!

Followers

Search This Blog