Monday, October 24, 2011

It's the Little Things in Life

I started to work on the Sunday Sketch at Operation Write Home yesterday. This snowman from K n K Designs kept calling to me. I probably could have made him work on card following the challenge but I couldn't color him any smaller. I also was in a purple mood yesterday. Then I after making the card I remembered I have had these charms for years. I ordered several sets and never made jewelry with them. The heart matches perfectly!! There are other patriotic charms in the set they are at Oriental trading. How perfect is that. That is what excited me! It is the little things in life.



That image is available as the fundraiser for Operation Write Home and the button on the sidebar takes you there.


The patterned paper is from g*c*d in the sophisticated Frost collections. The both blue textured cardstock is from bazzil. The yarn is a feathered effect I like.

Still so excited that I remembered these charms.

3 comments:

  1. Holly,
    I love your snowman! I love your coloring and paper choice.The charm is perfect for this card.
    Some hero will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute!! I love the fuzzy yarn and the little flag charm you put on there! What fun, thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet card, Holly! I really like the fun purple texturing in the background and how it gives that extra wintery feel to the scene. Also your wonderful charm -- that was a great find! Thanks so much for helping to spread the word about the fundraiser -- we appreciate your help! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I really love to receive comments. They mean so much!

Followers

Search This Blog