Monday, October 3, 2011

Hero Mail

I wanted to make a any Christmas hero card for Operation Write Home. I had no Christmas paper and I remembered I used it all last years making cards (at the last minute) for family and friends. I will probably not buy more as I am getting away from the traditional ways of celebrating Christmas. So I am going to try to make a card. I get the idea in my head I want to thank a hero for preserving my freedoms. I need a gift image- So I decide to make one in inkscape. I printed the image in color and used watercolor pencils over it. I am never happy with my own work and keep making changes. I finally decide to let it be. I like the effect of a flag on a present/gift. Then how to make it Christmas-ey with no Christmas paper. The background ended up being a green pearlessence paper maybe giving it the effect of a tree behind the ornament. The sentiment is popped to highlight the thank you. Here is what I end up with. I am planning on posting this to the Tuesday challenge at http://www.owhstarsandstamps.org/2011/09/any-hero-christmas-cards.html. Also if you like any of the images I have made in inkscape let me know I am happy to share them. I will be happy to email them to you.


This card is a variation of my Dad's birthday card. It works for the sketch challenge 89 at http://www.owhstarsandstamps.org/2011/10/sketch-challenge-89-free-digi-from-sew.html.
I thought this made a nice manly birthday card. The white plastic frame highlights the word Birthday. The ribbon is the sentiment. The diamonds are popped giving it a dimensional effect. The paper is a dark chocolate brown with a white design of flowers and lines that is barely there.

3 comments:

  1. I like the crisp contrast you got with the dark brown and white! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Any Hero Christmas cards, I agree you don't need patterned papers to make beautiful cards :) Thanks for playing in our Any Hero Christmas card challenge at Operation Write Home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly,Great card! I love the dimension on the square and your embellishment.Your card is really lovely!Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I really love to receive comments. They mean so much!

Followers

Search This Blog