Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Penguin and Snow Cowboy

Still loving penguins and snowmen. I did both images and sentiments in inkscape. They are colored with watercolor pencils.

The penguin was based on a picture of a penguin with his arms outreached it looked like he was saying I love you this much. I used the ribbon to add some punch but after gluing it on I had little shivers that remind me of glitter which is not allowed on cards for our heros. So this will probably be sent to my grandson.

I loved the idea of a cowboy snowman. A hobby horse makes the perfect horse for him. The sentiment was my sisters idea. I could not figure out a ribbon to use with this and the twine was the third ribbon I tried. I like how it looks like a lasso that ends in a bow. These were so much fun to make.
My cowboy works for this weeks challenge http://www.owhstarsandstamps.org/2011/10/christmas-cards.html I also stepped out. I was the first one to post. Made my heart beat fast. I was shaking as I did it. I have always been one to hesitate about doing things and putting my self out there.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. Great cards! Thanks for talking about glitter and your decision to hold back a card because you're not sure about it or it just doesn't "feel" right. Our friends and family love receiving our cards too and someone is going to be blessed by your snowman here at home :)

    Thanks for playing in our Christmas Midweek Throwdown challenge this week at Operation Write Home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly,
    I love your cards.The penguin is so.... adorable!
    The snowman is so cute with his cowboy boots and stick horse! You do a great job in Inkscape too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these cards and you should not get worried about "putting yourself out there". You did great!!! And the first one up gives the rest of us ideas to bounce off of. The snow man card will put a big smile on someone's face as will the card going to your grandson. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these cards. The snowman and twine are perfect together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't be afraid to put yourself out there! We all enjoy seeing the different ideas and creations... you never know what will spark your mojo! :)
    Love the cowboy snowman... too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The snowman is cute. Love the twine which adds the right touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The OWH family is such a great, helpful group that you should never hesitate to put yourself out there. It's by doing so that we all grow in our crafting. I hope you'll keep at it too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you colored the penguin and the shadows you achieved. Your cards will be loved by a family soon.

    ReplyDelete

I really love to receive comments. They mean so much!

Followers

Search This Blog