Sunday, October 9, 2011

In the Mood to Craft

I went ahead last night and chose 2 pieces of card stock and 2 pattern papers to use for the Sunday sketch challenge at Operation Write Home http://www.owhstarsandstamps.org/2011/10/sketch-challenge-90.html. My hope is to use the challenges to be consistent in my card making. It was nice because the sketch worked perfect and I could mix and match so the cards are similar but slightly different. I also don't think these turned out too feminine.

I was feeling very crafty last night and finished up all the cards below that had been in pieces waiting on glue. The bird Christmas began from scratch last night. I would never have used lime for Christmas. I found those cute bird images at http://beccysplace.blogspot.com/. I made about 8 variations on this card. I like the snowman with the love theme. His lasso ends in a heart. I would like to make more of these. The penguins and snowmen were created in inkscape. I still love the Light up Life Snowman. I like the use of orange and green on him for some reason. It would be good for a winter card not just Christmas.

Well I have made a commitment to myself to do the challenge this morning and then get my house clean today! I so want to make some more cards....






.




10 comments:

  1. unfortunately, I don't see any photos on this post - only tiny icons. I'll check back later :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great take on the OWH sketch - love they way you mixed up the paper

    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly,These are beautiful! I love the cowboy in blue and the lasso heart.I love them all! you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all precious. I love that snowman with the lasso (heart) but I can't even decide which ones I like the best. You did a terrific job on all of them. Making cards is so much more fun than housecleaning, isn't it? I figure I've got tomorrow off, so I'll lcean then. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been busy bee -- love the snowman images. I like how you alternated the papers on the OWH Sketch challenge. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, to pick paper even before you see the sketch...you are brave! Love the scketch cards! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I stopped by earlier today and all the pictures were red X's.. I'm glad I came back because they are all showing.. and they are all so wonderful.. awesome group of cards. thanks for sharing ~ Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think they're great and not too feminine at all! Great job on combining colors and patterns. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think these are great and very gender neutral! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great bunch of cards! I love the bold paisley pattern and colors you used in the OWH Sketch cards. I would definitely say they are gender neutral. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete

I really love to receive comments. They mean so much!

Followers

Search This Blog